ABA Meeting with H.E. Deputy Minister of Commerce and Industries, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
date: June 24, 2018
Mr. Najibullah Amiri, Executive Director ABA met with H.E Ms. Kamila Sediqi, Deputy, Ministry of Commerce and Industries MoCI, on June 24, 2018.
The meeting main purpose aimed to address relevant issues of the banking sector, where the Ministry of commerce can be of great support for the smooth development of the sector. Mr. Najibullah Amiri thanked to H.E. Deputy for giving appointment and raised ABA concerns/suggestions on the following issues.
1. Effective coordination and collaboration of both ABA-MoCI on conducting Exhibitions, B2B.
2. Roundtables and other financial sector related programs.
3. Online checking of business licenses by CBR ( Central Business Registry) Ministry of commerce
4. Updating the Ministry on real estate appraisal and future coordination with ABA.
5. Procedure for licensing to the companies including property appraiser from CBR
6. Update on high Security Cost of the banks and proposal for reduction
H.E. Deputy Minister welcomed ABA proposal and added: MoCI always accept reasonable suggestions from the private sector and works for development of the sector. She further instructed CBR to prepare an MOU to be signed with ABA for better addressing of the issues.
In the meeting, the following officials of the ministry and ABA also were present:
- Mr.Sarfaraz Nazir, Director Central Business Registry
- Mr.Abdul Hasib Faizy, Head of office and reaseach Services project
- Mr. Mohammad Rabi Nabizada, Deputy Director of Exhibition, MoCI
- Mr.Edrees Alimy, Research and communication officer of ABA